HP Proliant BL680C G5
Select User guide (27)
And then ProLiant BL680c Generation 5 Server Blade User Guide page 53
HP Proliant BL680C G7
Select User guide (22)
And then ProLiant BL680c Generation 7 Server Blade User Guide page 84 / 85
Re-entering the server serial number and product ID
After you replace the system board, you must re-enter the server serial number and the product ID.
1. During the server startup sequence, press the F9 key to access RBSU.
2. Select the System Options menu.
3. Select Serial Number. The following warning is displayed:
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! The serial number is loaded into the system
during the manufacturing process and should NOT be modified. This option
should only be used by qualified service personnel. This value should
always match the serial number sticker located on the chassis.
4. Press the Enter key to clear the warning.
5. Enter the serial number and press the Enter key.
6. Select Product ID.
7. Enter the product ID and press the Enter key.
8. Press the Esc key to close the menu.
9. Press the Esc key to exit RBSU.
10. Press the F10 key to confirm exiting RBSU. The server will automatically reboot.
This is the official instructions in the manual. I applied the following steps:
1 – Advanced Options
2 – Serial Number
3 – Inserting the new one and then exiting
You must be logged in to post a comment.