ATTENTION, RMC LEVEL 1 AGENT: This ticket will be automatically worked by the Automation Bus. Pls do not take ownership until further notice.
Node : solaris.setaoffice.com
Node Type : Sun SPARC (HTTPS)
Severity : major
OM Server Time: 2015-04-01 14:37:24
Message : Failure: The event flow is broken on solaris.setaoffice.com for the last 60min. Please follow the instructions.
Msg Group : ITO
Application : HealthCheck
Object : OVO-agent
Event Type :
Instance Name :
Instruction : (Please carry out instructions in order and record output in ticket)
1) check if there is any maintenance ongoing for the respective system. Set an scheduled outage if yes.
2) check if the system is reachable – login to the server in question and ping the OVO management server. if not pingable, inform the second line or technical lead
3) if the system is reachable, generate a test alert on the node in question.
4) if the test alert is not received, do opcagt -kill; then remove temp queue files (/var/opt/OV/tmp/OpC/*q on Unix or on windows,
…\tmp\OpC\*q); then do opcagt -start on the system. Generate another test alert on the node in question.
5) if the the test alert is not received, refer the call to OVO monitoring support team.
Check which host is the HPOM manager and try to ping it
root@solaris:/ # /opt/OV/bin/ovconfget | grep OPC_PRIMARY_MGR
root@solaris:/ # ping hpommanager.omc.hp.com
hpommanager.omc.hp.com is alive
Try also to use the tool bbcutil and check the status. If everything is also okay, the manager is having trouble reaching the managed host.
root@solaris:/ # bbcutil -ping https://hpommanager.omc.hp.com
bbcV=11.14.014 appN=ovbbccb appV=unknown version
conn=9 time=1199 ms